Sunday, August 29, 2010

BANANA PUDDING


       Today I went prepared with "stuff" to carry in. Yep, we had banana pudding. It was a crap shoot because you never know what folks (or which folks) will eat. The overweight 9-year-old turned up his nose. Some of my pre-release guys turned up theirs. Mr. Wilson, of course, was able to slide at least one helping into his blood-sugar ration.
       Joey made corned beef and scrambled eggs. The pre-release guys were ecstatic. I'm sure I've never seen them appreciate a meal so much.
       Our C&W music station really let us down today. The longer we listened, the more depressed Joey became. "Miss Joy, I'm just sure country and western music is depressing." And later, "They say this music causes divorce… all those songs about losing your woman because she died or ran off with somebody, or you ran off with somebody…"
       I had to agree, but only because today's selections were on the sorry side of sad. Yes, I have sent an email to the radio station. Next Sunday I expect some jammin' music!
       Kyle is back this week. He made 22 sack lunches yesterday, reducing my load to a mere 23! He made the PBJ sacks too. Just always a pleasure to see those sacks put together.
       Joey is still going strong with school. This quarter, his group continues their vocabulary work, plus they are reading a book. They read it in class, going around the circle. Wouldn't it be just the bomb to teach a class like Joey's? Maybe in my next life…

1 comment:

A Vent of My Own said...

Regarding:
"Mr. Wilson, of course, was able to slide at least one helping into his blood-sugar ration."

We Type II diabetics can't resist banana pudding.