Monday, November 11, 2019

IT IS WHAT IT IS

     Yesterday was a fairly typical Sunday, under the new circumstances of our group and the shelter's budget. Someone had donated two enormous beef briskets, and Doug cooked them to perfection. I had never seen so much GREASE in my life!
     The "lean" portions were lovely, but I was NOT going to put a slice of brisket on anyone's plate, leaving it capped by a large slab of fat... so ex-gatekeeper and I were very slow filling the dinner plates, as I was stopping to cut off all the fat slabs. It's over. Nothing else mattered at that point.
     Around late morning, I found an interesting bottle of donated salad dressing in the pantry. Assuming "the guys" were in typical guy mode, I shoved it under their noses and waited for chuckles.
     They checked the name of the product, the source, the ingredients. They tasted it and gave it a passing grade. I SO WANTED them to just be boys! They were supposed to howl with laughter and make unseemly remarks. I left the door of opportunity wide open! I don't know when I've been so disappointed.
     Otherwise, it was a fairly typical Sunday.


No comments: