Friday, March 15, 2019

THE THREE-DAY WEEKEND

     I went in for my usual Friday helping Doug. That boy was dragging; he is NOT WELL! He thinks he just has a bad case of exhaustion (his 2-day relief doesn't start until next week), but in the meantime, Doug is almost down for the count. He alerted the gatekeeper that he might not be in tomorrow.
     We pulled together (he even let me sweep the dining room), until every little thing was accomplished, and we darkened the kitchen and hit the parking lot together at a very early 1 o'clock. Understand, I have never swept or mopped there, but today, there were needs of all sorts.
     For lunch, of course, we served only sack lunches (8), but dinner was prepared, plated and put in the warming oven for 4 o'clock. He had pans of barbecue. We made 43 barbecue sandwiches and plated them with baked beans and carrots. We finished them in record time.
     A few minutes ago, the gatekeeper called to ask me if I would come in tomorrow to help her (in case Doug is too ill) OR to help Doug even if he's able. Of course I will! Don't be silly.

No comments: