Sunday, August 23, 2015

REPAIRS TAKE TIME

       …and patience. The medical system discharged me with, "No driving for 2 to 3 weeks. No bending, no stooping, no twisting, no reaching, and buy a grabber!"
       Buy a grabber? What? While I'm not driving or reaching? Buy a grabber?
       Fine! These long toes and flexible legs will come in handy.
       Kids come in handy too! Mine took her roommate and today's stash of toys and zipped off to the shelter to save my place. The toys were carefully selected, labeled and bagged last week.
       Naturally, only I see the shelter as I do. The report I got was okay, but it wasn't mine. The little girl is said to have "squealed and squealed" over her bag of goodies. It's hard to imagine a stuffed toy, a notebook, and a pen eliciting such glee, but that's the report I got. Yes, I sent her the softest little pink and white pup in my collection. I really, really need to go shopping!
       The boys each received a stuffed black bear, a notebook and a pen.


       The baby got a Fisher Price monkey that makes cute noises when its head is turned. I hope Baby makes everyone crazy with monkey noises :)


       Mr. A. reported that one of the boys put extra effort into returning to the counter to say thanks. I know which one…
       Doug served pizza and fries again. These are not the olden times when Miss Joy contributed to the design of the shelter nutrition. It's pretty bad when you miss yourself!







No comments: