Saturday, July 24, 2010

SATURDAY PREP

       It's become impossible to let Saturday pass without thoughts of the shelter folks and Sunday lunch. I have my 1967 Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. That's it. So we're not looking at getting anything gourmet out of this kitchen. I tell myself it will be easier to think of things to prepare when winter comes, but she's not buying it.
       Today I went in search of 4" wooden skewers—because it seemed to me that such things should exist. They do! And you can get them in a number of other lengths as well! Not only that, but they're right there in the grocery store with the food! I really need to get out more…
       My vision was of little skewers with assorted cheese cubes and olives.
       Feel free to share your recipes for "side dishes," pas trop cher, and easy to prepare for 45 people. Anyway, tomorrow (if they don't get mushy or anything), we're serving little skewers of cheeses and olives. I'm starting to regret not attending more Tupperware parties.

No comments: